AbleCommerce 7 How to Clean up anonymous users table

Needed to find this for a client today, so I thought I would post it to the blog and (hopefully) make it easier to find the next time.

With older versions of AC7 i.e. 7.0.3 and earlier, there sometimes is an issue where user maintenance does not run completely through.  As days go on, this problem becomes more pronounced as the ac_Users table continues to grow.  At some point, you’ll start noticing slow site performance and degradation.  Check your ac_Users table and you’ll probably find hundreds of thousands of old user records.

This query will clean those out in one quick swoop.  After that, the user maintenance routine should be able to keep up.  Just change the date in the three query statements for the cutoff date you want.  Also make sure to set the database name for your particular installation at the beginning of the file.

USE <YourDBName>
DELETE FROM ac_Baskets
WHERE UserId IN (SELECT UserId FROM ac_Users WHERE StoreId = 1 AND IsAnonymous = 1
AND (AffiliateId IS NOT NULL OR ReferringAffiliateId IS NOT NULL)
AND (LastActivityDate IS NULL OR LastActivityDate <’June 30, 2009′))

DELETE FROM ac_Wishlists
WHERE UserId IN (SELECT UserId FROM ac_Users WHERE StoreId = 1 AND IsAnonymous = 1
AND (AffiliateId IS NOT NULL OR ReferringAffiliateId IS NOT NULL)
AND (LastActivityDate IS NULL OR LastActivityDate <’June 30, 2009′))

DELETE FROM ac_Users
WHERE StoreId = 1 AND IsAnonymous = 1
AND (AffiliateId IS NOT NULL OR ReferringAffiliateId IS NOT NULL)
AND (LastActivityDate IS NULL OR LastActivityDate <’June 30, 2009′)

RMA Manager ideas for next release

I’m thinking about new features I could add to the RMA Manager module.

Once thing that comes to mind is the ability to automatically re-order items being returned.  This could be easily tied to the Return Reason.  The thinking is that items returned for a specific reason could automatically be added to a new order for the same customer.  That would make it very handy to handle exchange returns.

Another idea is the ability to issue a specific kind of refund.  Right now the module shows you dollar amounts but doesn’t offer a mechanism for the actual refund process.

AbleCommerce 7 Web Service progress report July 17 2010

Well it’s Saturday.  First it was Monday.  Then suddenly Friday afternoon was here and I just didn’t get much done that I wanted.  Several phone calls got in the way as well as some programming research.  Now I’m spending a portion of my weekend getting some much needed bookkeeping work done. 

This should pave the way to put a big dent in the web service module next week.  I came up with a few new web service methods I’d like to add related to inventory items.  It adds more time to the module but I think it’s a solid benefit and worth the delay.

I’d love to complain but business is great and the increased workload feels good.  It feels like a solid flow of work-in and work-out.  Having too much of one or the other just doesn’t set well with me 🙂

AC7 Web Service code is done

Finished the last of the routines I want to add to the Web Service.  Everything came out nicely.

Now for documentation, packaging, install testing and online catalog setup.

I broke my AbleMods web site inquiry page

Sorry folks, but if you’ve sent me a message from the Contact Us page on AbleMods.com in the past two weeks, please resend it.

My iPhone was stolen a few weeks ago, so I had to change all my passwords.  By all, I mean like 12-15 different accounts since I had that login information kept on the iPhone.  Apparently when I changed the email passwords for AbleMods.com accounts, I failed to update the AC7 site itself.

My bad 🙁

 

AbleCommerce template library

Did you know that AbleCommerce can do site templates?  They have a library of over 100 templates ready to go for a very reasonable price.  In fact, I used AbleCommerce templates for both my www.solunar.com and www.ablemods.com websites.   AbleCommerce was fast and responsive to changes I wanted to make with each one.  Within a week I had a single zip file of template files designed specifically for AbleCommerce 7.  Installation took like 60 seconds and WHAM!  My websites looked fantastic.

There are a lot of things I’m great at doing.  Unfortunately website design and layout just isn’t one of them.  For very little money, I was able to stay focused on running my businesses and leverage the experts to get a clean and stylish looking website.

Check it out http://www.ablecommerce.com/AbleCommerce-70-Store-Template-P164.aspx

 

AbleCommerce 7 Web service coming along nicely

Ok so the holiday weekend involved a lot more fishing than it did programming, but that’s the way it should be ! 🙂

The web service module has been converted to VB from the original C-Sharp used.  My preference is always VB because syntax is more flexible and the code is easier to read in my opinion.  No sense making things harder than necessary for the sake of urban legend that C-Sharp is somehow “better”.

I added a new web method to retrieve customer records.  That will get finished and tested today.  Then I’ll add a method to allow updating customer records.  After those two routines are tested, I’ll try to think of a few other methods that might be useful and get those added.